Flitto Terms and Conditions
Article 1 (Purpose)
① Flitto Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) makes users of “Service” to request translations, to translate, or to enjoy the translated contents through “Flitto” (hereinafter referred to as “Service”, collectively referred to as the “Flitto Website, Applications, and Services”).
② These Terms and Conditions are intended to prescribe the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of “Company” and “User”, and other necessary matters related to the use of Flitto and all the services related to Flitto.
Article 2 (Definition)
① The terms used in these terms and conditions are defined below.
2. "User Name" means a combination of letters, numbers, and special symbols that are designated by the "User" and approved by the "Company" to identify the "User" and use the "Service".
3. “Password” means a combination of letters, numbers and special symbols that “User” set to confirm that “User” is the “User” who is authorized to use “User Name” in the process of using “Service”, and to protect the secrets of “User” in “Service”.
4. “Account” means a login account based on “User Name” and “Password”.
5. "Points" means virtual data in "Services" that "Users" can earn through translation activities or buy through purchase in Flitto, and can be used as a payment method under the criteria set by the Company when using the Services.
6. “Request” means an act of “User” providing all forms of original text, including texts, photographs, voices, sounds, and various files and links, to Flitto for the results of translation or proofreading.
7. "Translation" means an act of “User” creating or providing all forms of translation or proofreading, including texts, photographs, voices, sounds, and various files and links to Flitto.
② Any part of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions not defined in this Article is subject to the relevant laws and general practices.
Article 3 (Statement, Effect, and Revision of Terms and Conditions)
① The Company shall post the contents of this Agreement in the designated space within the Service so that the User can easily know.
② The Company may amend this Agreement to the extent that it does not violate the relevant laws such as the Act on the regulation of the Agreement, Act of the Promotion of the Use of Information and Communication Networks and the Protection of Information.
③ When the Company revises the Terms and Conditions, the date of application of the amended Terms and Conditions and the reason for the amendment shall be specified and notified in the designated space within the Service from 15 days before the date of application to the day before the date of application. However, if the revision is unfavorable to the User, the notice will be given at least 30 days grace period.
④ Although the Company clearly informs the User of the amendment of the Terms in accordance with the preceding paragraph and clearly indicates that he/she shall approve the failure to express his/her refusal until 7 days after the effective date of the amended Terms and Conditions, Company will assume that the User have agreed to the changed terms if the User does not expressly disapprove.
⑤ If the User does not agree with the revised agreement, the User may terminate the use agreement. If the existing agreement cannot be applied, the “Company” may also terminate the use agreement.
Article 4 (Interpretation of Terms)
① The Company may have separate terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Individual Terms”) for individual services such as “Store”. If the contents of the Individual Terms conflict with these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall take precedence.
② Any matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions or interpretation of this agreement shall be in accordance with the “Individual Terms” and related laws, and in the cases not specified in the law, practices or customs will follow.
Article 5 (Sign Up)
① A person who intends to use the "Service" (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant") shall subscribe to the "Service", and apply for subscription by checking the checkbox indicating that the "Applicant" agrees to the terms and conditions. Membership is established by the Company's acceptance of the application of the “Applicant”. In this case, the applicant will be deemed to have agreed to the following.
1. The “Applicant” is an individual who is 14 years of age or older.
2. Agree to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Recognize and agree that sanctions may be taken in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
② People under 14 years of age cannot use the “Service”.
③ The “Company” may, if deemed necessary, have the applicant submit a separate document for joining.
④ In the following cases, the “Company” may or may not withhold the acceptance of the subscription, or may terminate the use contract afterwards.
1. If the "User" who previously terminated the contract by this agreement applies for re-enrollment
2. If the “User” who has withdrawn under these Terms and Conditions has applied for the same email address again within 30 days
3. If false information is entered in the application form or the information provided by the Company is not entered
4. Application is not possible due to the fault of the “Applicant” or “User” or in violation of other regulations
5. Other cases where the "Company" clearly acknowledges that it may be harmful to other "Users" or contrary to social order and morals based on relevant laws and regulations.
6. "Applicant" or "User" is under 14 years old
⑤ The “Company” may withhold approval if there is no room for service-related facilities, or if there is a technical or business problem in providing the service, or if the “Company” deems financially or technically necessary.
⑥ If the acceptance of subscription is suspended in accordance with Paragraph 4, the “Company” may notify the email address entered by the “Applicant” when the “Company” is deemed necessary.
⑦ The date of establishment of the use contract shall be the time when the “Company” marked the completion of the subscription in the application process.
⑧ The “Company” can give a grade to “User” according to company policy, and can differentiate the grade according to the use of service.
Article 6 (Change of User Information)
① The “User” can access his / her user information at any time through the settings and My Page menu, etc., and can modify the information by inputting on the page or requesting the “Company”.
② If the “User” changes the information specified in the subscription application, he / she shall inform the “Company” of the change, and the “Company” shall not be responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the “Company” of the change.
③ The “User” shall notify the “Company” without delay or register the change by changing his / her personal information without delay if any matters specified in the application for registration, such as contact means (e-mail, mobile phone number), are changed. The “Company” shall not be liable for any damage caused.
Article 7 (Collection and Protection of Personal Information)
① The “Company” collects the personal information necessary from the user to provide the service.
② To the personal information collected under Paragraph 1, the “Company” shall endeavor to protect the personal information of the “User”. Regarding the protection and use of personal information, relevant laws and the company's personal information processing policy.
③ Personal information processing policy of the “Company” does not apply to linked sites other than the official service of the “Company”.
Article 8 (Responsibility for Managing “User Name”, etc.)
① The "User" is responsible for the management of "User Name" and "Password" of the "User", and the “User” is responsible for all disadvantages if the third party uses it due to the “User”'s intention or negligence.
② When the “User” recognizes that the “User Name”, “Password” and additional information are stolen or used by a third party, he / she shall immediately notify the “Company” and follow the instructions of the “Company”.
③ In the case of Paragraph 2, the “Company” shall not be responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the “Company” or not following the instructions of the “Company” even if notification of the “User” to the “Company” exists.
④ The “Company” can restrict the use of the “User Name” when the "User Name" of the "User" is concerned with the leakage of personal information, contradicts antisocial or morals, or maybe mistaken as the "Company" or the “Company”'s Operator.
Article 9 (Use of Service)
① The “Service” provided by the “Company” is as follows.
1. Collective Intelligence / Crowdsourcing Translation Service
2. Translation brokerage services
3. Translation contents provision service
4. Store service
5. Any other services provided by the "Company" to the "User" through further development or partnership agreements with other companies.
② “Service” can be used immediately after the "Company" approval. However, if you do not complete email verification, there may be restrictions on the use of some or all of the Services.
③ Requests, translations, memos, comments, self-introductions, contents, etc. posted by the “User” on the service will be posted in a form that can be disclosed to an unspecified number of people. Are not deleted except in exceptional cases.
④ The “Service” usage time shall be in principle 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (00: 00-24: 00) except when the “Company” cannot provide the service for technical or business reasons.
⑤ The “Company” may temporarily suspend the provision of services if there are significant reasons for its operation, such as regular inspection, replacement and failure of service facilities, or loss of communication. If the interruption of service provision exceeds 24 hours, the Company will notify the “User” in advance according to Article 10. If there is an unavoidable reason that cannot be notified in advance, it will be notified after the fact.
⑥ The “Company” may conduct regular inspection when it is deemed necessary to provide the “Service”, and the regular inspection time will be announced through the service provision screen.
⑦ The “User”'s right to use the service may not be transferred, given or used for a pledge.
⑧ If it is judged that the use of the service by the “User” is not done according to the normal procedure, the “Company” may intervene and take over the actions of the “User”. At this time, the judgment is entirely up to the “Company”.
Article 10 (Notice to the User)
① If the “Company” notifies the “User”, it can be done by e-mail of the user registered in the “Service” unless otherwise specified in this agreement.
② In the case of Paragraph 1, the “Company” shall not be responsible if the “User” does not receive e-mail authentication or if he/she inputs false e-mail intentionally or by mistake.
③ In case of notification to the whole “User”, the “Company” may substitute the notice of Paragraph 1 by issuing news in the “Service” or posting it on the notice board for 7 days or more.
Article 11 (Changes in Services)
① The “Company” may change or terminate all or part of the “Service” provided by operation and technical needs if there is a considerable reason.
② If the contents of the “Service” are changed or terminated under Paragraph 1, the “Company” shall notify the “User” of the registered e-mail address of the change or termination of the contents of the “Service”. However, if the change or termination of the service affects the entire “User” or an unspecified number of people, the “Company” can notify the “Users” by publishing news in the “Service” or posting on the notice board.
③ The “Company” may modify, suspend, change, or terminate some or all of the “Services” provided free of charge according to the “Company”'s policies and operations and will not provide a separate compensation to the “User” unless otherwise provided in the relevant laws..
④ If the paid “Service” is terminated, the “Company” must notify the “User” who uses the “Service” under the provisions of Paragraph 2 and refund it.
Article 12 (Restrictions and Suspension of Service Use)
① The “Company” may take measures such as warning, restriction of the use of the “Service”, suspension of the use of the “Service”, or permanent withdrawal of the “Service” when it is determined or occurred that any of the followings occur. In the event of damages to the “Company”, the points corresponding to the damages can be collected.
1. The "User" intentionally or negligently interferes with the normal operation of the “Company”'s services.
2. The "User" has violated the obligations of Article 14.
3. In the case of criminal acts such as identity theft and payment theft, illegal communication and hacking, distribution of malicious programs, and excess access rights
4. If it is deemed inappropriate for the “Company” to continue providing services for other reasons.
② The right to judge violations of Paragraph 1 lies entirely with the “Company”. When the use is suspended, all benefits except points acquired through the use of the “Service” will be destroyed, and the “Company” will not compensate for it.
③ The "Company" may restrict the use of the "Service" of the "User" for the protection of user information and the efficiency of operation if the "User" has not logged in for more than 3 months. In this case, the “User” can use the “Service” again by applying for resumption of the “Service” use to the “Company”.
④ If “Company” decides to take sanctions against the “User” under Paragraph 1, “Company” can immediately implement this and notify it to the e-mail address registered in “Company”. The User may appeal to the Company via e-mail within 7 days of receiving notice of the Company. If the Company agrees that the objection is justified, the Company will immediately resume the use of the Services, and the benefits will be reinstated.
⑤ The “User” or the third party who has been infringed by privacy, defamation, or copyright infringement by other “Users” posts can request the “Company” to delete the posts and to sanction the relevant “User” by disclosing the infringement. In this case, the “Company” may take action on the post or the “User” at the “Company”'s own discretion.
⑥ The “Company” may blind(obscure), delete the post, or sanction the “User” when the “Company” admit that the posts or etc. that posted in the “Service” infringe on the rights of third parties such as privacy infringement, defamation or copyright infringement, or interfere with the use of the “Service” of other “Users” and in the event of a loss of reputation, or there is a significant reason that the post should not be posted, even if there is no report.
⑦ In the event that another "User" or a third party take civil or criminal legal action against the "User" or the "Company" on the basis of infringement of legal interests due to the posting of the "User", etc., the "Company" may provisionally restrict access to related posts, etc. until the court decision is final. The responsibility of the explanation of the legal action related to the restriction of access to the posts, the explanation of final judgment of the court, etc. shall be borne by the person requesting for action on the posts, etc.
Article 13 (Obligations of the Company)
① The “Company” does not do prohibited acts contrary to the law and this agreement or public order and morals, and endeavors to provide continuous and stable service.
② The "Company" shall endeavor to protect the personal information of the “User”, which has been got in the process of providing “Service”, without leaking or distributing it to a third party without their consent.
④ The "Company" shall immediately deal with any opinions or complaints raised by the "User" regarding the use of the "Service" if the "Company" concedes the opinion or complaint is reasonable. In the case of comments or complaints raised by the "User", the process and results shall be communicated to the User.
Article 14 (Obligations of the User)
① ① The User shall not act in any of the following.
1. Provide false information when applying for subscription or changing the “user” information
2. Theft of others' information
3. Change the information posted on the "Service" of the "Company" or use the information obtained by using the "Service" for reproduction, publication, broadcasting, etc. for commercial or non-profit purposes or offer to third parties without the prior consent of the "Company".
4. Receive money or transfer the right to use the Services or receive money in return by providing a third party with the opportunity to promote the "User" or promoting a third party on behalf of a third party using the "Services" provided by the "Company".
5. Infringe on the rights of the "Company" or third parties, such as posting false facts about the "Company" or other third parties, or infringing on intellectual property rights.
6. Use unfairly the "Service" by stealing the "User" and "Password" of other "Users".
7. Use the company's paid services using payment information of others without the permission of others, such as account numbers and credit card numbers of others.
8. Post any content that suggests joining a pyramid or terrorist organization or post obscene or violent messages, postings or voices, or disclose or posting information that is against public order or morals.
9. Transmit or post information (computer program, etc.) that is prohibited from being transmitted or posted by related laws such as the Information and Communication Network Act.
10. Post of harmful media for juveniles under the Juvenile Protection Act
11. Disseminate of information, sentences, figures, sounds, etc., in violation of public order or morals
12. Post or send messages by pretending or impersonating an employee of the Company or a manager of the Services or by using the name of another person.
13. Post or e-mail any materials containing software viruses or other computer codes, files or programs designed to disrupt or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
14. Interfere with other “Users”' use of the "Service", such as stalking, abusive language, or plastering.
15. Collect, store or disclose the personal information of other “Users” without their consent.
16. Collect information from other “Users” to post advertisements or propaganda or send spam mails to an unspecified majority;
17. Modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble software provided by the "Company".
18. Use the "Company"'s intellectual property without permission, including the "Service" description or terms and conditions of the "Company", without the "Company"'s consent.
19. Provide information in the "Services" to competitors or potential competitors of the "Company";
20. Provide incorrect translations, including intentional or repeated use of automatic translators.
21. Provide inaccurate translations for rewards such as points or badges.
22. Access to information that is not open to “Users”, such as server computer of the “Company”
23. Attempt an individual transaction other than the "Service" which is not agreed with the "Company" in advance by exposing personal information or exposing personal contacts.
24. Violate current laws, terms and conditions set forth in the "Services" provided by the "Company", and other regulations regarding the use of the "Services".
25. Interfere with any other "User"'s use of the "Services" or the provision of the "Services" by the "Company".
26. Act actions other than above that may be harmful to the “Company” and the "Services"
② The "User" should comply with the related laws, the provisions of this Agreement, the precautions noticed related to information of use, and "Service", and the notices of the "Company", and should not act in any way that interferes with the work of the "Company". If the "User" acts in violation of Paragraph 1 or Paragraph 2, the "Company" may delete or temporarily delete the postings, may restrict the use of the "Service", may terminate the contract, may permanently delete the account, may take legal action such as civil sue or criminal charge. If the damage occurs to the "Company", you can claim for damages or collect points corresponding to the damages.
Article 15 (Copyright of Posts)
① The “Company” does not require the “User” to request the copyrighted work or personal information of a third party, including the “User” or original author, in the process of receiving data according to Article 3 from the “User”, and has no obligation to examine whether there is any copyrighted work or personal information in the data provided by “user”.
② The "Company" does not know that it is a copyrighted work or personal information even if the "User" includes the copyrighted work or personal information of the "User" or a third party for any reason in the data, and even if the original text, translation, and corpus data contain and store the copyrighted work or personal information of the “User” or third party by accident or by the "User"'s intention, it is not due to the intention and negligence of the “Company”.
③ If there is a copyrighted work of the "User" in the original text provided by the "User", it is deemed that the "User" allowed the "Company" to use for profit for the commercial part, such as making a translation by the "Company" or granting a license to a third party.
④ If the "User" enters the copyrighted work or personal information of the "User" or a third party for any reason in the original text provided by the "User" for translation, it is not deemed that the "Company" copies such copyrighted work or collects personal information.
⑤ If the "Company" finds suspected personal information in the data, it may modify or delete it arbitrarily regardless of the personality of the relevant part, but it is not that the "Company" takes responsibility for personal information that exists in the original text provided by the "User".
⑥ The "Company" can use for any commercial purpose and without any restrictions the data provided by the "User" (including the original text modified in accordance with Paragraph 2 above) to make a translation or grant the license to a third party outside the "Company".
⑦ The “Company” acquires copyrights, author's property rights and author's moral rights of all translations and corpus (original and translation pairs) generated through the "Service".
⑧ The “User” may delete the work or personal information existing in the original text provided by “User” and delete it and provide it to “Company” again.
⑨ The “User” must indemnify the “Company” at the expense of the “User” when a legal problem occurs, such as when the “Company” is sued for copyrighted work or personal information contained in the data provided by the “User” to the “Company”.
Article 16 (attribution of rights)
① Copyright and intellectual property rights of the "Service" belong to the "Company". However, this excludes posts and copyrighted works provided under an affiliate agreement.
② The “Company” grants the “User” only the right to use Account, “User Name”, Content, “Point”, etc. in connection with “Service” according to the terms and conditions set by “Company”, the "User" is not allowed to transfer, to sell, or to provide collateral the right to use.
Article 17 (points)
① “Company” can give “Point” to the "User" in the process of using “Service” such as translation, event(promotion).
② The “User” may use the “Point” alone or with other payment methods when using the “Service” in accordance with the procedures and conditions prescribed by the “Company”.
③ Details of the grant and use of the “Points” shall be in accordance with the policies separately set by the “Company” and the “Company” shall notify the “User” through the website operated by the “Company”.
④ Depending on the “Company”, some “Points” may be limited in scope.
⑤ The "User" may use the "Points" only for his or her use of the "Services", and may not sell or transfer the "Points" to others under any circumstances.
⑥ If the “User” has acquired “Points” unfairly or illegally, the User cannot use the Points and the “Company” may collect(withdraw) it.
⑦ The “Company” may adjust some or all of the “Points” after the prior notice for efficient use and operation of the “Services”, in case of any fault for the “User” such as Article 14 violation, the "Company" can adjust some or all of the “Points” without prior notice.
⑧ “Points” may be periodically extinguished in accordance with the period set by the Company.
Article 18 (Refund of Points)
① In the event of an over or mistaken paid by the “User”, the “Company” will refund the amount corresponding to the “Point”. In such a case, the fee incurred as a result of the refund procedure shall be borne by the User.
② In case of a refund of “Points” due to the responsibility of the "User", such as change of mind, the method is as follows.
1. Refunds of “Points” can only be refunded in the minimum transaction unit of “Points” presented by the Company on the Store. If the balance of the “Points” remaining after use is less than the minimum trading unit, the “Company” shall not be required to refund.
2. The "User" shall be responsible for any fees incurred due to the refund process.
③ Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2, the following items will be refunded in full:
1. If the "User" has not used the "Service" after completing the payment
2. If the "Service" is not available due to the "Company" fault, such as "Service" failure
3. In case of refund for reasons 1, the "User" shall be responsible for the fees incurred. In the case of a refund for reasons 2, the “Company” shall bear the fee incurred.
④ If the "User" violates the provisions of Article 14 and the "Company" restricts the use of the "Service" by the "User" or unilaterally terminates this Agreement, the "Company" shall not be responsible to refund the "Points" equivalent to the damages incurred by the "User".
⑤ When the "User" terminates the use contract or withdraws the "Service", the "User" must request a refund for the remaining points. If the "User" terminates the use contract or withdraws the service without requesting a refund, the "Company" has no obligation to refund any remaining “Points”.
⑥ If the “Point” of the “User” is mixed with "Points" acquired by purchase and “Points” acquired through activities in the service, the “Points” to be refunded shall be calculated by using the purchased “Points” first.
⑦ Refunds should be made using the payment method used by the “User”, but if this is impossible, the refund shall be made in a separate method determined by the “Company”.
⑧ In principle, the Company shall process the refund process within 7 business days. If a delay occurs due to the delay of processing by a third party such as credit card company, PayPal or the cause of the “User”, the corresponding days are not included in the processing period.
Article 19 (Store)
The use of the store is governed by the ‘Store Terms and Conditions.’
Article 20 (Termination of Use Agreement)
① The “user” can apply for termination of the use contract at any time through the setting menu on the website or application, and the company shall handle this immediately.
② If the “User” violates Article 14, the “Company” may unilaterally terminate this Agreement, and if this results in damages to the operation of the Service, the "User" may be subject to civil and criminal liability.
③ If the "User" terminates the User Agreement, the User shall be deemed to have given up all access to the existing translation data and the “Points”.
④ When the “User” terminates the contract, the “Company” encrypts and stores the “User”'s e-mail information, which is not used for the purpose of checking to prevent re-subscription. All data of the “User” is destroyed except the encrypted email information. Provided, however, that in the case of a translation adopted by the requester, a request for which a participating translator exists, or data already processed into a translation pair will be left in the “Service” for continued use of the requester, translator, and the “Company”.
Article 21 (Disclaimer)
① If the "Company" cannot provide the "Service" for the following reasons, the "Company" shall not be responsible for any damages caused to the "User".
1. In the event of natural disaster or equivalent force majeure
2. In case of a failure to use the "Service" due to the fault of the "User";
3. If there is a deliberate disruption of services by a third party that has entered into a "Service" partnership agreement with the "Company" to provide the "Service";
4. If the "Company" cannot provide the "Service" due to other DDOS attacks, IDC failure, line service of the telecommunications carrier, or equivalent force majeure.
② The "Company" does not guarantee the quality or reliability of translation unless otherwise specified and does not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, etc. of information, materials, facts, etc. posted by the User in relation to the Service. Neither is any liability assumed for damages caused by the “User”.
③ The "Company" shall be exempted from liability in the case of transactions through “Service” between each “Users” or between “Users” and third parties.
Article 22 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
① Lawsuits filed between the "Company" and the "User" shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.
② For disputes arising between the "Company" and the "User", the Seoul Central District Court of Korea shall have jurisdiction.
These Terms are effective from October 25, 2019. However, in the case of new users who subscribed before the effective date after the notification of these Terms, the Terms will apply from the time of user registration.